One Davol Square, Suite 111
Phone: (401) 421-4004
- Fax: (401) 233-0946
Since 1973, Dr. Imber has continued to serve as a Professor of Special Education as well as an advocate, consultant to parents and schools, as an independent educational evaluator and as an expert on a national basis for personal injury and other matters.
His testimony has been given in federal court, special education due process hearings, and in superior court for matters of criminal defense. He has also testified in matters pertaining to Family Court on behalf of children and adolescents with special needs with regard to educational placement.
Dr. Imber has worked on cases with children, adolescents and adults with a broad array of disabilities.
Dr. Imber has also testified as an expert on matters concerning custody and parental termination of rights.
He has been involved in cases from the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington and West Virginia.
Dr. Imber has been a presenter at many regional and national conferences. He has published numerous articles various issues pertaining to learning and emotional treatment of students with disabilities. He has special expertise with regard to federal and state regulations on special education including independent educational evaluations, Office of Special Education Program (OSEP) policy opinions and case law on independent educational evaluations.
His CV is available upon request.
* B.A. Psychology (SUNY at Buffalo) graduated with High Honors in Psychology
* M.Ed. UCONN Department of Educational Psychology (special education - learning disabilities), Inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
* UCONN Department of Educational Psychology (special education - emotional disorders)
Certifications: Rhode Island Department of Education
* Grades Pre-K to 12, Students with Intellectual Disabilities
* Birth to Kindergarten, early childhood special education
* Mild/moderate Special Education, elementary to middle level, mild/moderate disabilities
* Grade 7-12, special education, middle to secondary level, mild/moderate disabilities
* Special Education Administrator
* Grades Pre-K to 12, School Psychologist
Primary Area of Expertise: