Elliott M. Stein, M.D.
The Jewish Home of San Francisco , 302 Silver Avenue San Francisco, CA 94112
In clinical practice of Geriatric Psychiatry since 1977, specializing in the treatment of older adults including the evaluation and treatment of depression, anxiety, stress disorders, relationship problems, insomnia, memory problems and other mental and emotional problems which occur in the second half of life.
Author of "Does Your Client Have Testamentary Capacity? Mental Health and Memory Issues That Affect Estate Planning", published in California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Vol. 17, No. 2, pages 25-33, Summer 2011.
Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Recipient of multiple honors in Geriatric Psychiatry.
Areas of Expertise:
* Geriatric Psychiatry evaluation and treatment, including pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic issues
* Depression and Anxiety Disorders in the Aged
* Contested Wills and Trusts
* Testamentary Capacity, including Undue Influence and Insane Delusions
* Geriatric Competence
* Dementia and Delirium, including Alzheimer's Disease
* Aging and Mental Disorders
* Geriatric Psychiatric related issues concerning hospitals, nursing homes, independent and assisted living facilities.
* Medicare Psychiatric Services Coding and Documentation.