Mike Wakshull partners with clients in civil and criminal cases in the United States, Bahrain, Canada, Malasia, Mexico and Hong Kong requiring authentication of handwritten and computer-generated documents. As a state and federal court-qualified document examiner, he dissects the evidence, helping clients learn the strength of their case.
More than 100 testimonies under oath in state and federal courts, arbitrations and depositions.
Working with Wakshull is different:
• He uses the latest video spectral comparator (VSC80), ESDA, digital microscopes, Photoshop CC, Acrobat DC, NEGA software, and other quality tools for examinations.
• He applies his scientific and engineering experience and training to examine questioned documents and produce verifiable arguments. Although courts require a verifiable, scientific approach for expert witness testimony, not all examiners use this approach.
• He is meticulous about customer service and client communications.
• He employs internet video technology to communicate with clients worldwide.
• He has built a well-equipped laboratory and a large forensic reference library to enhance his research and courtroom testimony.
• As a former university instructor and member of National Speakers Association, Wakshull is skilled at explaining complex evidence with clear exhibits, easy-to-understand language and descriptive pictures. His courtroom approach teaches and engages all trial participants—judge, jury and attorneys.
• He uses generally-accepted practices such as SWGDOC, SAFE, and ASTM standards.
Wakshull is a frequent speaker at local and international forensics conferences and attorney conferences. He is a published author of three books about forensic document examination. He has developed and teaches a number of California Bar approved MCLE seminars.
Member of: National Association of Document Examiners Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners – VP International Association of Scientists and Researchers - Advisory Board Association of Certified Fraud Examiners –Director - Inland Empire National Speakers Association – prior co-dean of the Speakers Academy ASTM International American Society for Quality – Senior member Former member Forensic Expert Witness Association – Past-president San Diego Chapter
Education & Licenses
Graduate School Certificate: Forensic Document Examination;
M.Sc. Technology Management; Certified Quality Engineer; Certified Information
Systems Auditor; Project Management Professional